Set up and utilize air-operated stripping tool to remove waste from printed, die-cut sheets.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Sets up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool.
- Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
Deposits scrap in proper recycling bins.
Stacks die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations.
Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups.
Utilizes a manual pallet jack to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
Maintain a clean and hazard free area at all times.
Informs the manager when supplies or parts are required.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift operator license.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Positions available on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts