Inventory Specialist-1st Shift-Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Provide support to receiving, inventory control and logistics. Receive all incoming materials, perform inventory audits, and provide logistics support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives all inbound material daily.
- Performs material and finished goods audits daily.
- Prepares loads and bills of lading to ship daily.
- Distributes inbound overnight packages daily.
- Prepares outbound overnight packages daily.
- Participates in quarterly plant physical inventories.
- Locates and retrieves material, finished goods, ER per the help desk daily.
- Unloads and loads delivery truck.
- Operates stand-up reach and sit down forklift.
- Operates manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Drives company vehicle between warehouse and production plant when needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have 6 months to 1 year of experience in warehouse, shipping/receiving and forklift operation.
- Must have valid Texas driver's license.
- Must be able to pass insurance screening to drive company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully pass forklift test and certification process.
- Must have basic pc skills, including knowledge of email and word processing.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions and safety guidelines.
- An understanding of computer inventory systems is preferred.
- Must be able to pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.