Safety Manager - Jacksonville, FL
9469 Eastport Rd, P. O. Box 26998
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218
Seminole Mill - Jacksonville, FL
Seminole Mill has an opening for a Safety Manager. The incumbent will provide support to the Mill ensuring the facility is in compliance with OSHA regulations, company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as development and execution of employee safety programs.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Development and execution of Seminole Mill employee safety program.
· Coordinates with Department Managers to ensure safety training is scheduled and conducts safety training as appropriate.
· Ensures company policies/guidelines are adhered to.
- Provides safety training for employees to establish clear procedures on safety measures and precautions.
- Supports and facilitates employee engagement to drive safety excellence.
- Coordinates safety investigations and prepares reports on workplace injuries and accidents.
- Provides oversight and direction for First Aid and employee wellness activities.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings and training sessions.
- Assists with the development of our annual budget and manages to the budget.
- Works closely with our corporate safety team to ensure corporate objectives are met.
- Facilitates internal/external safety audits for our mill and assists other company facilities in their audits.
- Manages Safety Group to include Safety Coordinator and Fire Chief.
- Works closely with contractor safety personnel to ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates all safety related outage activities.
· Solid ability to organize, plan and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to employees at all levels.
· Strong leadership ability along with high ethical standards – uncompromising on employee safety and regulatory compliance requirements.
· Working closely with employees and management as well as outside vendors, suppliers, division and Corporate personnel.
What you will need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 9+ years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be willing to work in a heavy manufacturing/industrial environment.
· Motivated, focused and process driven individual seeking a career.
· Strong planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.