Digital Press Operator, 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Patchogue, NY
Digital Press Operator – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Digital Press Operator for the 2nd shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm-2:30am) who will prepare and print orders on digital press to meet the requirement of external clients and internal converting customers, while meeting production and quantity goals of department. The operator will also perform preventative and routine equipment maintenance.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Formats information for digital output by planning the method to proper format, setting up digital printer, test data format, and accurately completes jobs within specified time schedules.
- Formats information for digital output by planning the method with which to transfer data.
- Prepares output of material according to instructions of client or supervisor and reviews quality of final product before release to client.
- Maintains data resource files and enters commands to modify data to accommodate additional or revised requirements.
- Consults with CSRs or Supervisor to evaluate individual project needs.
- Works with Scheduling or initiating department to prioritize, track, handle, and maintain records of the elements, and time schedules of multiple projects. Provides information to supervisor for the preparation of cost estimates on all projects.
- Monitors lights, displays, and other operating features of equipment such as console, receivers, and printers to detect malfunctions and ensure integrity of processed data.
- Reports mechanical failures for technician repairs and keeps records of regular maintenance of machine(s). Maintains relationship with service provider in order to obtain service schedules to maintain the highest quality output of equipment.
- Keeps record of inventory levels of supplies to facilitate ordering.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in Digital Press and File Set up.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must have strong communication skills and must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
#NY #GD #CB