Case Sealer 1st and 3rd shift - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Stack finished cases properly onto specified pallets.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Stacks finished cases properly onto the specified pallets following customer specifications and stacking patterns.
- Assures the correct labels are applied to the finished cases.
- Assists other Case Sealers when needed.
- Runs and maintains case sealer equipment, including hand tapers.
- Erects packing cases for folder gluers, per job ticket cad number.
- Assists in training new and temporary employees to fill in.
- Stages cases for next job on gluer during their make readies.
- Rotates breaks to keep folder/gluers running continuously.
- Must be at job site ready to start work at the start of the shift.
- Keeps track of corrugated.
- Creates labels for cases from information on job ticket.
- Organizes and files blue boxes upon job completion.
- Coordinates with operators at the completion of a job to have all material accounted for.
- Makes sure job was completed to required count.
- Assists operator in pre-staging next available job.
- Reviews all job tickets to see what cases need to be made prior to folding and gluing.
- Makes corrugated boxes for Folder Gluers.
- Assists Folder Gluers where needed.
- Keeps area safe and clean during operation.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read and understand job tickets.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to read a measuring tape.
- Must have basic computer skills including email, word processing.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to keep up in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be able to identify quality issues.
- Must be able to communicate verbally as well as in writing to train, lead and directly help operators.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a
diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Opportunities on both 1st and 3rd shifts.